Out In Schools Changes & Cancellations
In order to honour facilitators’ time and to meet the demand for our programming, we try to avoid last minute changes. That said, changes can and do happen, whether because of unexpected weather, communicable illnesses like COVID-19, or changes in our schedules.
Most often, presentations change because of factors beyond our control, such as unexpected weather events, unsafe travel conditions, power outages, school closures, and health-related orders from First Nations, the Province, or local health authorities. In these cases, we will get in touch as soon as possible, and welcome you to reach out as well. In these unforeseen cases, we may offer to:
- Reschedule at your convenience;
- Provide a credit for a future presentation, or;
- Provide a full refund.
Other Schedule Changes and Cancellations
We do our very best to accommodate changes where possible however, due to the high demand for our programs, it is unlikely we will be able to reschedule presentations with less than two weeks’ notice. The more notice we get, the easier it is to make changes. To help prevent last minute changes, we will reach out to confirm our presentations with you three weeks in advance.
Changes or cancellations made more than two weeks before the presentation:
- We will do our best to reschedule your presentation. At busy times of year, such as the end of the school year, rescheduling may not be possible.
- We will not invoice you for the presentation if we are unable to reschedule.
Changes or cancellations made two weeks or less before the presentation:
- We are unable to provide refunds for presentations that are rescheduled or cancelled with less than two weeks’ notice. We use these funds to pay facilitators who were scheduled, whether or not those presentations go ahead.
- We will do our best to work with you to reschedule the presentation for a future date. We will ask for an additional payment towards the costs of the presentation.
We may not be able to prioritize presentations from schools or organizations that consistently request changes with two weeks’ notice or less.
We make every effort to follow through with the presentation schedule we agree upon with communities. In exceptional cases where Out In Schools needs to make a change to the schedule, you will be notified as soon as possible and given the choice of rescheduling or receiving a refund. This is an extremely rare circumstance.